Saturday, June 7, 2008

Race for the Cure

Sofia, Marc, and I ran the Race for the Cure this morning. There were people everywhere! As we were coming in, the announcer said there were about 50,000 people registered to run/walk. We can't be exactly sure of how fast we ran...it took forever to finally get moving faster than a walk because there were so many people. And then again as we finished, we stood in line just to get across the finish line. But we ran the whole time and we weren't last, and those are always my two goals when it comes to a race...oh yeah, and to have fun!



I always run in celebration of my Aunt Barbie. She was diagnosed when I was in college and she's been cancer free for quite some time now.
Marc always runs in memory of his Tia Lupe. She lost her battle when he was in high school.
Sofia had fun, as always. She is such a happy girl.

1 comment: