Saturday, March 10, 2007

Work knows

I told my boss on Wednesday that I'm pregnant. She was very happy for me and all smiles. We talked about everything for a little while. Then she asked the due date and I told her and she said "Oh." I told her I was a little concerned about it (I'm due right at the absolute busiest time of the year for my job). She said not to worry, there isn't anything we can do about it so not to worry. Then, a guy I work with asked me if I was pregnant. He was so cute about it. He obviously didn't want to hurt my feelings if I wasn't. He danced around the subject. He told me that he and another co-worker were discussing it, so I told her as well. It is amazing how quickly word spreads at work! I guess some other women I work with were wondering and they asked the woman co-worker I told, and I guess it's all around to just about the whole office now. I also told my deputy chief, and she was so excited for me and gave me a hug. She said she loves September babies (her oldest was born in September). Then she comes in Friday morning and brought me a baby gift. It's a beautiful cd of lullabyes. She said that her youngest child loves the cd, so she thought I would enjoy a copy.

Everything is good at work and no more secrets. =)

No comments: