Friday, February 5, 2010

Snow, Snow, and more Snow

If you haven't heard, Mother Nature hates me! We are in the process of getting our 3rd snow storm in 1 week. Yes you read the right, 7 days. Last weekend we got 3-6 inches in the metro area (I'm going to guess that the snow piled up on Marc's car was about 4 inches). Tuesday night we got another storm....about 2 or 3 inches in our parking lot. And now... (shaking my head)....we are in the process of getting 20-30 inches of snow! That is almost 3 feet of snow. I miss the south!

Marc and Sofie went out a little while ago to walk the dog and make a snow ball or two. Marc estimates that we already have 3, 4, 5 inches on the ground. And it just keeps coming! I see movies and chili in our future tomorrow.

I figured I should go ahead and blog the pictures from last weekend's snow before I get too far behind.

Not happy at first (she hates the process of putting on snow pants and snow boots)
IMG_0621

Our parking lot
IMG_0617

Ok, maybe this isn't so bad.
IMG_0626

IMG_0634

IMG_0638

And some video..


Snow Wednesday morning from the Tuesday night storm.
IMG_0165

IMG_0166

IMG_0168

And this was from the start of today/tomorrow's storm. At 3:25pm.
IMG_0170

4:45pm
IMG_0171

And Sofie brought a snowball inside.
IMG_0173

She loves it!
IMG_0177

And in non-snow related news, I was excited that I got Sofie's hair in a double french braid and she sat still long enough for me to do it! All it took was once. Now she requests braids every morning and she'll sit still for them...even if they are only half way down her head.
IMG_0646

IMG_0645

1 comment:

wirrek said...

I have been thinking of you Lauren. We had soooooo much rain yesterday (lake hartwell was above its banks) with a temp of about 35. I wondered what would have happened if it was just a few degrees colder. I guess know we know!