Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's been awhile. What's been going on here? We had our first road trip with the baby. We went to SC for a baby shower, which was great. We got to see lots of people and introduce Sofia to everyone. The car trip down was a little long for the baby. She wanted to scream the last 2 hours of the trip (and of course we get stuck in traffic). I got in the back seat with her and held a pacifier in her mouth and that seemed to help settle her down. The car trip back didn't seem as bad for her. It did take us an extra hour both ways with all the stopping for her to eat and change diapers.

I also gave my 2 weeks notice at work, cleaned out my desk, and had my exit interviews. I am no longer an employee of the government. When we were home for the shower, Dad ordered my computer, so things are moving on that front.

The past couple of nights we have gotten the lil one to bed before 11pm! I'm excited, we are starting to get into a routine. The only problem is she doesn't take a really good afternoon nap unless we are out shopping, which is going to make working a bit of a problem. Maybe, I'll just let her nap in her car seat. =)

Yesterday, we went and returned a few things we either have too much of or something else very similar. Just a note, avoid the mall until New Year's. It was horrible!! I think I'll do all my shopping during the week when most people are at work. Although, today we are going to Dick's to get me a new pair of sneakers so I can start walking. All my shoes are too short. I could understand them being to narrow. But how do your feet actually grow in length while your pregnant? Aren't the bones pretty much done growing a long time ago?

3 comments:

Becky S said...

So will you be staying at home or working from home. Just curious, don't answer it you don't want! :)

wirrek said...

Wow! Brave girl. Go Lauren! I expect a lot more blogging if you will be working from home.

Also, the afternoon nap does not truly develop until after 4 months...and after the morning nap. Source: Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child.

Allison said...

Yes, feet grow! My mom went from a 9 to a 10 with me! Luckily, my feet didn't grow...